PRTG Network Monitor
PRTG Network Monitor is a network monitoring tool that keeps an eye on the availability of the network devices and assures the availability of network components and evaluates traffic and bandwidth usage. It monitors for device up and down time, traffic usage monitoring, SNMP, NetFlow and packet sniffing and provides detailed reports and trending.
PRTG Network Monitor runs 24/7 on a Microsoft Windows system with the network. The data that is recorded is stored in a database. The monitoring tool includes a Web browser interface for easy administration.
PRTG comes in two versions freeware and the commercial version. The freeware version allows for 10-20 sensors. So if you only have a few devices to monitor then this won’t cost you a dime. If you have a large amount of devices to monitor you will need to buy the commercial version.
• Easy to Use: Choose between five user interfaces, browser, windows GUI, Apps for mobile devices, HTML only and AJAX
• Detailed Network Monitoring & Logging: LAN, WAN, event logging, application, bandwidth monitoring, VOIP/QoS, and much more.
• Flexible Alerting: Choose between several alerting options, Email, SMS, instant messaging, syslog, SNMP, alarm sounds.
• Cluster Failover for redundancy: Up to 5 PRTG instances for a failover cluster to ensure the monitoring system is always up.
• Remote Probes: With remote probes you monitor several networks in different locations. All you need is a centralized core PRTG server.
• Real time dashboards, in depth reporting and more.
Company: Paessler AG